Thursday, August 11, 2022

Set Dose - 2

Found this another gem of a recipe online. I already had one recipe for set dose, which turns out good as it is[Recipe can be found here]. 

But this new recipe I came across(link given below), looked equally good, but used different ingredients which gave me an incentive to try.. 

It turned out extremely good. And with lots of extra ghee/oil it tastes hotel-like. 

This is my current goto recipe for set dose. 

Do try! 





Ingredients

Dosa Rice - 2 cups

Idly Rice - 2 cups

Urad Dal - 1/2 cup

Methi seeds - 1 tsp

Poha - 1 cup


Rice flour - 1/2 cup

Maida - 1/2 cup


Salt 


Method


Wash and soak idly rice, dosa rice, urad dal and methi seeds and soak for 2 hours(I never tried soaking anything for 2 hrs. I soaked it normal - which is overnight - or 6-8 hrs).

Wash and soak poha in a different bowl. 


Grind all these in the grinder to a smooth batter.

In a bowl add rice flour and maida and add water and mix to a thick paste. Add this to the ground batter. Mix well. Add salt and let it ferment overnight. 


On a hot tava, pour a ladle full of batter. Spread just a little, not too much. Add oil/ghee. Cover and cook for few seconds. Flip and roast on the other side. Serve hot with chutney/ saagu. Enjoy! 



Recipe Source - “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY0-VGZj17A



Notes - 

  • Too much maida and rice flour can make the batter rubbery. Add little by little to get to the right consistency. Takes lttle bit trial and error. 
  • I am not sure why there's a need for dosa and idli rice combination. I tried with just idly rice once and I couldn’t tell any difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment