Sunday, January 31, 2021

Baked Squash Chips

 I hardly experiment with things I know, leave alone stuff in completely unknown territory… 

When my cousin gave me squash from her kitchen garden, I was completely clueless what to do with it. Upon talking with friends and googling, I found this extremely easy, hard to resist recipe. You just cut squash in slices and bake with some cheese. 

Tada! 





It turned out very flavorful, and the whole batch got over in no time. 


An easy appetizer to go with pasta. 


My daughter was very eager to cook something in the kitchen, so I let her do this completely by herself. 


Ingredients(all as needed)

Squash

Garlic salt 

Black pepper - skipped this 

Cheese - I used organic cheese mix from Costco 


Method

Cut squash into relatively thick slices(as they thin out while baking). Line them up in a foil lined baking tray. Sprinkle garlic salt on each slice, try to spread it as evenly as possible. Cover every slice with cheese(depending upon your preference). Bake at 425 F for 15 min. Since I have a mini oven, I baked at 400 F and it took less than 15 min to be done. 

 


Recipe Source - “https://www.fivehearthome.com/baked-parmesan-yelllow-squash-rounds-recipe/




No comments:

Post a Comment