Thursday, October 31, 2019

Zucchini stir fry


My cousin, a novice gardener, started growing crazy big zucchinis and gave some to me :) I hardly use zucchini in my everyday cooking. So I got creative and googled for recipes… [that’s the creative best I can get :D]. I found this recipe in one of my favorite blogs. I was sure it is going to turn out great. Basically you just toss sliced zucchini in spiced besan flour and pan roast it. I might’ve used more besan than necessary, hence mine tasted more like zunka. Tasted exceptional nevertheless. Do try and include zucchini in your everyday cooking. 




Ingredients
Zucchini - 1 
Onion - 1 
Garlic - 3-4
Salt

Besan - 1/4 cup
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp

Oil
Mustard seeds
Hing

Method
Chop zucchini in bite size pieces. Take it in a bowl. Add little salt and mix well. Add besan, chili powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder, salt and mix well. 



In a pan, make tadka with oil, mustard seeds and hing. Add chopped onion and finely chopped garlic. Sauté for couple of minutes. Add zucchini mix and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 mins, till zucchini is cooked. Increase the heat and roast zucchini. 





No comments:

Post a Comment