Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Rave rotti


I don’t know what I was thinking when I stored upma rava in the spot where I generally store idly rava. It was bound to happen sooner or later that I soaked regular uppit rava instead of idly rava while making idli. Not knowing what to do with the soaked rave, I asked my mother. She suggested I can either make rave dose or rave rotti. I had never tried rave rotti before, even though many people had given me the recipe. I really loved the taste. It was crunchy and soft at the same time. Very easy recipe. Even kids will love it.

Simple breakfast item.

Do try! 



Ingredients *

Rave 
Coconut

Onion
Green chillies
Cilantro
Curry leaves
Salt 

Method
Finely chop everything.
In a bowl mix everything with sufficient water. Don’t make it too soggy. Pat it on a greased aluminium foil/parchment paper. Transfer it to a hot tava. Add oil and roast on both sides. Serve hot with chutney.

Recipe Source - Shrimathi Vasudeva(amma)

Notes - 
  • Measurements is up to you. A lot of everything will make  rottis very tasty. 
  • Add lots of coconut.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sushma for this yummy recipe. Just one thought : Upma Rava is coarse. Do you recommend using fine Soji? I normally use Yogurt to make the dough. Do you recommend water instead? cant wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jyothsna, Nice to see you here! My rava was soaked for a long time, so it didn't matter much what kind I used. But fine sooji should work better, I feel. I haven't experimented with this recipe much. I stuck with my mom's recipe. Sour curd will definitely enhance the flavor, IMO. But just water tasted fine too.

    ReplyDelete