Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pear Crisp



I am not a big fan of cinnamon in desserts... hence, I don't like most of the pies, crisps, pastries that are available here in US.. 

I had a bunch of pears which, thanks to my daughter’s intervention, was going bad super quickly. So, I thought of making this pear crisp - cinnamon less.


Instead of cinnamon I added cardamom powder, instead of maple syrup I added honey, I did not cut down on butter and added some extra sugar to make the ripe fruit even more sweet :) 
The result was this super rich, super tasty, super easy dessert. 

bite of hot crisp, contrasting with the cold ice-cream, with oats and nuts providing just the right amount of crunch will take you to a different world, I tell you...

My friend Veena has a good mantra, “diet mane haalaaga!”... Chant and eat away...






 

Ingredients

Pears - 6-7
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Honey(or maple syrup) - a tbsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp

for topping

Oats - 3/4 cup
Whole wheat flour - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cold butter - 1/4 cup - cubed into small pieces
Chopped Almonds - approximately 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp


 

Method

Peel and cube pears into small pieces. Put it in a oven safe deep dish. Add lemon juice to stop it from browning. Add honey, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.

Put everything for topping in a bowl. Mix it for a while with your hands so that the butter is nicely incorporated in the mixture. I found the mix little dry, so I added a tsp or two of milk. Then spread this mix on top the fruit. Bake for 30 min @375F.







No comments:

Post a Comment