Friday, June 5, 2015

Indian Fried Rice


My Ode to Maggi

Whenever I needed you
you came to my rescue
Mornings, afternoons, nights
even midnights too

You were loved by 
kids and adults alike
Why did they make you
take a hike :((

I was acting over-smart, sneaking in vegetables too
Turns out you yourself were unhealthy, aakhir kyon??    

My mom said one time,
she made you in an old pot of mine 
The vessel turned sparkling new
She swore that’s the last time she’d make you!!

Maggi O Maggi
it’s hard to say good bye!
Good bye, my beloved,
come back healthy and alive!!! 

bye bye Maagi! 
bye bye...
*sob sob*


Coming to the recipe,

This is yet another version of Indian fried rice, which is very easy and tasty. My friend’s mom gave me this recipe. 
It uses only clove and garlic for masala which differentiates this from other rice baths.

Do try!



Ingredients

Rice - 1 cup
Mixed vegetables- Carrot, Peas, Beans, Potato - approximately 1 cup
Green Chillies - 3 for medium spicy(more the better) 
Garlic - around 3 pods  

Cilantro, Lemon juice - optional

Oil 
jeera

Method

Cut the vegetables lengthwise (or use mix veg bag).
Cook rice and keep it aside for cooling.

In a big pot, make tadka with lots of oil and jeera.
Add green chillies. 
Add crushed garlic(or finely chopped). Saute for a while. 
Add cut vegetables. Saute till it’s done - this takes some time. 
Add rice. Add salt. Mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with dal or just like that. 

Recipe Source - Kamala, Shilpa Sarabu




No comments:

Post a Comment