Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Mooli Fried Rice

 One major change that happened in our household in the last two years is the increased consumption of root vegetables. It all started during lockdown when I started sending my husband for grocery shopping instead of going myself, instructing him to buy vegetables with longer shelf life. And ever since it has only been beetroots, radishes, potatoes and onions in our house. How much of only these can one have. He doesn’t like carrots, so I’m spared there. Even after telling him again and again to get some variety, he somehow manages to bring only these.. if this is his way of getting away from doing chores, it’s working!! I tag along these days and make sure he is not even around vegetables when I’m shopping. 


Coming to the recipe, I was intrigued when I saw this recipe for Mooli fried rice in another one of my fav blogs. And since I always have lots of mooli in the house(thanks to hubby), I gave it a try. The taste was very unique and moolangi complimented the Indo Chinese taste soo well! And one cannot guess there is moolangi in this dish. Perfect for sneaking in vegetable for picky eaters. 

Do try! 





Ingredients

Rice - Basmati rice

Radish/ Mooli/ Moolangi - 1 big

Peas 


Onion - 1 medium

Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp

Schezwan Chutney - 2-3  tbsp

Salt 


Method

Cook rice with 1 : 1 and 1/2 water. If using dry peas soak overnight and pressure cook along with rice for 2 whistles. 


Peel and grate radish. Squeeze out water as much as you can(roughly). 

 

In a deep pan, add some oil. Add onion. Sauté till translucent. Add gg paste(and peas, if adding frozen peas) and sauté some more. Add grated muli and cover and cook for 5 min in medium flame. Add schezwan chutney. Sauté for couple more minutes. Add cooked rice and mix well.  


Recipe Source - “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y2ikRoHtgk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2NrOi0NoGHXkg8ISIaNTUqQI3S0jDOZ6RMispyKMxx6bFJgpNR7skrQm4


Notes - 

  • I sometimes add capsicum and celery too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment