Laddoo in 10 mins!
Enjoy your Krinshashtami with this yummy-licious, super duper easy ladoos..
what more can I say, the recipe speaks for itself...
Poha - 3/4 cup *
Dalia(fried gram dal) - 1/4 cup
melted Ghee - 1/4 cup *
Sugar - 1/3 cup *
Cardamom powder - a very generous pinch
Cashews - few broken pieces
Raisins - few
*See Notes below
Clean poha. Roast poha and dalia separately in low flame without any grease, until you get a nice aroma.. Dry grind them together to a fine powder. Finer the better.
In a small pan, add ghee, add cashews, when they start to brown lightly, add raisins. Turn off the heat when the raisins puff up.
Mix all - powdered mixture, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, ghee, cashews and raisins in a big bowl. Shape them like laddoos.. Enjoy!
Additional notes -
- Make sure you powder the ingredients finely.
- Recipe calls for thick poha, but you can use any kind as long as it is powdered finely
- The laddoos became very greasy for the quantity of ghee mentioned above.. Add little ghee first, then add more if needed
- It was little low on sweet for my taste.. I'll add little more sugar next time
- Dalia burns really quickly, so keep a close eye while roasting.. and take them out quickly
- The above quantity makes 12 medium sized laddoos