Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Vegetable Cutlet

My very first taste of cutlet was from Hotel Diana in Udupi, when I was a little girl. My grandfather had taken me for a treat. Cutlet and gud-bud ice cream. Yum!!! 



I have had tried making cutlets many times. But they never came out dense like in restaurants. The vegetables would leave out water and the cutlets would turn soggy. Then I got some tips from my husband’s aunt and from Manjula’s kitchen. Which was adding mashed potato mix or corn starch. I added both. Cutlets turned out wonderful. Pretty easy to make too. Liked by kids and adults alike!! Do try!



Also, it is Ganeshana habba season again. One more year of blogging! Happy Birthday Dear blog!!

Happy Gowri and Ganesha habba!!!

Ingredients

Mix vegetables - carrots, beans, peas, corn, basically veggies that don’t leave out too much water after adding salt, like beetroot etc.
Potatoes - 3-4 boiled and peeled
Ginger - Garlic - finely chopped
Green chillies - very very finely chopped(you can skip this and add red chili powder)

Corn starch - around 3 tbsp
Mashed potato mix - 1 whole pack

Masala Powder (you can add any masala that you like)
I added - 
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Kitchen king masala - 1/2 tsp
Some jeera and dhania powder
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp

for the coating
Maida - powder
Bread crumbs

Method

I made my regular goto sandwich palya - which can be found here. To this add some corn starch and mashed potato mix. 
This is how it looks. 



Add all the masala powders, and salt to taste. The mixture should be pretty hard now and should be very dense and not at all soggy. You should be able make balls out of this mixture without them being mushy or soggy. 

Make them to the desired shape. (Thanks Archana for making the shapes for me :))

Make a thick paste of maida and water.

Dip the cutlets in maida water. 
Coat the cutlets in breadcrumbs.

Shallow or deep fry on both sides. Serve hot with some ketchup. 


Recipe Source - Rekha Adiga  

No comments:

Post a Comment