Thursday, July 31, 2014

Mango Ice Cream - Version 2


It’s summer!.. it’s mango season!.. and here is one more version of my favorite Mango Ice cream, only much much much easier... 

Mix everything and freeze - as simple as that! 

Taste wise, I still prefer my mom’s recipe.. but  texture wise this one’s definitely creamier... and it’s tasty too, just that you can only do so much about the preservative smell of the canned mango pulp.. if you don't want it, use fresh mango pulp



Here is the recipe - 


Ingredients

Mango Pulp - 2 cups
Cream - 1/2 cup(I used half and half)
Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
Mango bits - I didn’t use this, but I’m sure adding it would make it awesome
Cashews - handful chopped(original recipe doesn’t use this, but I like my ice cream with nuts)
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp(optional)

Method

Mix everything(except cashews/mango bits)
Freeze till it’s hardened(I kept it for 3-4 hrs, original recipe says 1 hr)
Take it out, wait till it’s scoop-able consistency, blend it to a smooth paste in a mixie.
Add cashew or mango bits(if adding). 
Refreeze till it’s done(for 6 hrs or so, original says - 4-6 hrs) . 





No comments:

Post a Comment